Homemade Hair Straightening Mask Recipe-1
This is Day 18 of my Blog-Marathon and today I am gonna share one of my favorites homemade hair straightening mask with you all. I have very thick, wavy and bouncy hair and to straighten them I use hair masks quite often to weigh them down. Sometimes I go for Hair Waxes from Watsons and other times I make hair masks at home. So, without further ado here is one of my favorites homemade hair straightening mask Recipe:
Ingredients needed for Flexseeds Hair Mask
- 1 Cup of Flax Seeds
- 4 Cups of Water
- 1tsp of Olive Oil(or coconut oil or vitaminE)
- 1tsp of Alovera Gel
- 1tsp of Honey
- Few drops lemon (optional)
How to Apply Flex Seeds Hair Mask
First thing you need to is to section your hair so that you can apply this mask easily. Then comb each hair section and apply this mask on your hair sections one by one from root to end. Leave it for 20-30 minutes and then wash it off with mild shampoo. (After using this mask you won”t have to condition your hair coz this mask works as conditioner as well).
Benefits of the Ingredients Used in Flexseeds Hair Mask
- Flax seeds are full of essential vitamins and minerals which provides nourishment to the hair follicles and encourage stronger and healthier new growth. Omega 3 fatty acids help you avoid dry scalp and nourish your hair. It also increases the hair elasticity which means less breakage. Plus it can help reduce dandruff, eczema and other skin conditions. Flax seed gel nourishes all types of hair. It will make your hair more shiny. This gel works as shield and help your hair from UV rays, dust and pollution.
- Olive Oil is a ware house of antioxidants which fight with free radicals and prevent them from causing any harm. It helps to nourish and conditions hair follicle. Olive oil contains both omega 6 and 9 fatty acids. Omega 6 fatty acids prevent the hair from losing moisture in dry environment. Omega 9 fatty acid make the hair more flexible and pliable. Olive oil contains antimicrobial properties which fight with fungus or bacteria causing scalp infections like itching, dandruff and clogged follicles.
- Honey strengthens the hair follicles, curbing hair fall. It has rich antioxidant properties which prevent damage, keeping your scalp and hair healthy. Honey cleans the hair follicles by getting rid of impurities. This minimized clogging is often a reason for hair loss. It not only boosts hair growth but also stimulates hair re-growth from dormant follicles. Honey is an emollient which means it seals moisture in your hair, keeping it conditioned. Honey also comprises antibacterial and antiseptic qualities. This prevents scalp infections and soothes issues like dandruff, eczema, and psoriasis, allowing for unhindered hair growth.
- Aloe vera contains proteolytic enzymes which repairs dead skin cells on the scalp. Aloe vera acts as a great conditioner and leaves your hair all smooth and shiny. It also promotes hair growth, prevents itching on the scalp, reduces dandruff and conditions your hair really well.
- Lemon fight the most dreaded enemies of hair growth; dandruff and hair fall. Rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin B, Folic Acid, and minerals like phosphorus, magnesium and calcium make it the perfect solution solution for voluminous, healthy hair. It strengthens hair follicles thereby reducing hair fall. It contains a compound called Limonene which adds life to dull, frizzy hair. Lemon has anti-fungal properties that fight dandruff and other scalp fungal infections. Lemon is acidic which is effective in cleansing the scalp of dead cells and other deposits
This hair gel hair mask works wonder on my hair, it makes my hair so soft, smooth, shiny, and manageable.
Try this mask and let me know how you feel about it!!
If you have any hair mask recipe share in the comments with all of us!